The Koch Fellow Spring Program: Policy (14 weeks) uniquely combines policy work experience with professional education. Through the program, fellows are connected to policy and research roles at more than 80 think tanks and non-profit organizations across the country, as well as directly with professors. Alongside this in-depth work experience on a variety of federal and state issues, fellows undertake a rigorous curriculum of market-based policy analysis, participate in professional education seminars, and engage in theoretical discourse on the ideas of a free society.
Type: Internship Program
Application Available: Organization Website, Organization Address or Phone
Class Level: Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Graduate Student, Recent Grad
Citizenship: U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, Other Visa Status
Letters of Rec: Yes
Letters of Rec Detail: 2
Letters of Rec Notes: Requires 2 references, not letters of rec.
Personal Essay: Yes
Other Submission Requirements: Yes
Other Submission Requirements Notes: A description of a specific example from the last 50 years of an economic policy or issue that aligns with your view of the ideal role of government (100 word limit).
A description of a specific example from the last 50 years of an economic policy or issue that conflicts with your view of the ideal role of government (100 word limit).
- A list of three people or books that have influenced your philosophical or ideological thinking about the role of government. For each, explain in one sentence how it has influenced you.
- An essay on a major public policy issue which should include (1) the current state of the issue, (2) your proposed solution, (3) the best counterargument for your solution, and (4) the best argument for your solution (750 word limit).
- A video describing your professional development goals for the course of the program (3 minute limit).*
- A video describing a professional or academic experience when your contributions were key to a group’s success. Please provide context to explain your role, your contributions, and the way you operated within the team (3 minute limit).*
- A video describing an example of a policy or economic issue you have shifted your stance on recently and why (3 minute limit).*