Next campus deadline: October 2024
The Churchill Scholarship provides funding to at least twelve American college seniors and recent graduates for a year of Master’s study at the University of Cambridge, based at Churchill College (the only college focused on STEM). The program was set up at the request of Sir Winston Churchill to fulfill his vision of US-UK scientific exchange, with the goal of advancing science and technology on both sides of the Atlantic and helping to ensure our future prosperity and security. The scholarship offers generous living and travel allowances, in addition to fully covering all university and college tuition fees.
Prospective applicants must make an individual advising appointment with Alicia Hayes, the Churchill Scholarship campus representative.
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be a senior or recent graduate (within the last 12 months)
- Earn bachelor’s degree before October 2024
- Have demonstrated academic excellence (recipients usually have a GPA of at least 3.7)
- Submit an application for admission to Cambridge by early October 2024 (exact date to be announced)
Applicants will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Exceptional academic achievement as indicated by course grades
- Capacity to pursue original, creative work and to contribute to the advancement of knowledge in the sciences, engineering, or mathematics
- Outstanding personal qualities as demonstrated by leadership, activities, social engagement
- Online University of Cambridge Application – Must be submitted by [date TBA] (12:00 noon in local time zone). PLEASE NOTE: Some course deadlines may be as earlier
- Online Churchill Scholarship Application – Must be submitted by campus deadline
- Four letters of recommendation (two more than required for the Cambridge Application)
- Letter of interest or commitment from a director of a laboratory at Cambridge, if applicable
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
For more information about this opportunity, visit the Churchill Scholarship website.