Campus deadline: Noon, August 19, 2022
The Mitchell Scholarship funds one year of post-bachelor research or study at any university in the Republic of Ireland. Named for Senator George J. Mitchell, the award was created to educate and inspire future American leaders about Ireland. The scholarship provides tuition, accommodations, a living stipend, travel expenses to and from the United States, and a stipend for European travel. Twelve Mitchell Scholarships are awarded to U.S. students each year.
Prospective applicants who are undergraduates must make an individual advising appointment with Keila Diehl, the Mitchell Scholarship campus representative. Graduate students and alums are also encouraged to do so, although they do not need a campus nomination to apply.
- be a U.S. citizen
- have earned a bachelor’s degree before September 2023
- be age 18–29 on September 29, 2022
Applicants will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- demonstrated academic distinction, leadership, and participation in extra-curricular activities
- honesty, integrity, excellence, fairness, and unselfish service to others
- potential to make future significant contributions to society
- Completed online Campus Application Form
- Personal statement (1,000 words)
- List of principal college activities and honors
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities and colleges attended
- Four letters of recommendation (at least two must be academic)
For more information about this opportunity, visit the Mitchell Scholarship website.